I’ve mentioned this costume before. Here’s the snippet from my A Very Moz Halloween post:
I didn’t include any photos in that post. I don’t know why, but I’m correcting that now.
Hairdresser on fire:
1. Stylists’ smock with scissors, combs and other stylists’ tools. As you can see, I didn’t wear a typical stylist smock. My mom made this jacket out of some scrap material.
2. Decorate the smock with flames. I used red, orange and yellow felt. I’m not a crafty person and my hand sewing is horrible. Thus, this took me a little while. If I was going to do this again, I might use shinier material to make it more flashy.
3. Make up a salon name and add it to the smock. I used fabric safe letters.
4. Modern and stylish haircut. Most stylists I’ve known don’t do anything crazy with their hair, but it is often colored and styled. Makeup can be simple, but spend some time on the hair.
5. Wear whatever you want underneath your smock, but you should definitely be “remarkably dressed.”
6. Act very busy, so busy!
Edited to add: If anyone in LA wants to borrow this costume, I’d be happy to share it. You might have to remove the letter C from the front of the jacket, but that shouldn’t be difficult.