I couldn’t sleep a few nights ago and started thinking about the health and fitness goals I set for 2012. I didn’t even remember them, nor did I ever explicitly post them on the blog. They were part of the monthly goal posts I wrote early in the year. I found my goals in my notes and wrote self-assessments in brackets. I used the same format from the citizenship section of my elementary school report cards (outstanding, satisfactory, needs improvement, and unsatisfactory).
- 5 servings of fruits/vegetables per day [Needs improvement.]
- More water, limit Diet Coke habit [Needs improvement, satisfactory for the Diet Coke aspect.]
- Eat out <2 per week (ideally 0) [Satisfactory.]
- Strength 2xs a week [Outstanding for 2/3 of the year, unsatisfactory after August.]
- Yoga – use Groupon [Unsatisfactory.]
- Cross training 1 time per week [Satisfactory for 2/3 of the year.]
- Wear a bikini and be comfortable doing so [Unsatisfactory, not attempted.]
- PR in all race distances [Satisfactory; I only ran three official races and PR'ed in the marathon and the 18-mile distance.]
- Minimum of 4 runs per week [Satisfactory until April thanks to marathon training; outstanding during 5-week run streak]
- Reach weekly and monthly mileage records [Outstanding, I think. I know I did break my weekly mileage record, but am not 100% sure about the monthly record.]
- Get back to goal weight (ideal <130)
- Fit in to khaki pants and H&M dresses again
- Return to WW, follow plan
[Unsatisfactory on all of these. I'm at the highest weight I've been since '09 and just removed the pants and dresses from my closet.]
Propose & collect data [Big fat unsatisfactory]
I didn’t do so great. Maybe a C grade? At least I know what I need to work on — along with other stuff.
I did do better on other non health & fitness goals. I planned a wedding with Sean and our families without going crazy (or making them crazy). I also got my Target spending habit under control. I’d get an A- or satisfactory in those areas.