I have mixed feelings on doing these monthly goal posts. It’s trendy, more about but it’s helped me to mix things up with my normal routine and I am getting things done. Thus, diagnosis I’m still on the monthly goal bandwagon.
visit web on Flickr”>
Health & fitness
1. Continue attending yoga classes
2. Rehab IT band
3. Eat fruits and veggies; not burgers and fries
4. Attend one Weight Watcher’s meeting
5. Stick to Marc’s training plan (includes cross training and strength)
1. Update guest list (already begun)
2. Gather addresses (already begun)
3. Work on timeline and update it
4. Schedule Catholic couples retreat
5. Begun wedding gown search
6. Complete save-the-dates
7. Make wedding website (in progress)
8. Book honeymoon
1. Bring back This Day in Chicano History posts
Health & fitness
1. Use my Groupon for yoga classes at a local studio: Check. I took one beginner’s class and am looking forward to going back. I liked the teacher.
2. Run around the UCLA perimeter twice: Nay. I avoided a hard hill workout before the Holiday Half (12/11). Afterward I was recovering and dealing with some mild IT issues. From what I read, hills make it worse.
3. Run the Holiday Half Marathon and PR: Check!!!
4. Strength training twice a week: Half check. I started this in the last two weeks of the month.
5. Do a couple of runs with a friend or group: Nay.
6. Stick to my training plan: Nay. I fell off after the half, but I did start incorporating the cross training and strength he’s included.
7. Decide on the LA Marathon: Check. I’m in unofficially.
1. Engagement photo session: Check. Loved the results and the process of getting all dolled up was fun too. [Photo above by Michael Fletcher.]
2. Estimates/hiring 2 other big ticket vendors: Nay.
1. Post 3 times week: Check.
Get the most of our Disneyland passes: Check. We went after the half marathon. It was quite crowded, but we saw/did some more new stuff and finally checked out the fireworks show.
treatment on Flickr”>
Earlier today, I was on the elliptical listening to the Madeleine Brand show via podcast (one of my daily musts) and heard more details about a story I had briefly learned about earlier in the day.
Gabino Zavala an auxiliary bishop in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles had recently resigned:
For more than a decade, Zavala had harbored a dark secret. He is the father, church officials said, of two children, and had resigned his post. [LA Times story].
I knew the name. Zavala was the same priest who confirmed me in 1996 at St John Vianney. Now Zavala is gone. So is the church where I was confirmed.
And my faith? Still there, albeit shaken [hard] and stirred.